United Chemists has immediately implemented the Australian Government Home Medicines Service for PBS prescriptions.
This temporary service allows for the Australian Government to subsidise home deliveries of Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS) medications. Importantly this service removes the need for a patient to visit the pharmacy in person.
- Holders of a Medicare or DVA card and
- Isolating themselves at home on the advice of a medical practitioner, for confirmed COVID-19 cases; or
- Meeting the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection after consultation with either the national COVID-19 hotline, state COVID-19 hotlines, a registered medical or nursing practitioner or COVID-19 trained health clinic triage staff; or
- Aged over 70; or
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are aged over 50; or
- People with chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised; or
- Parents with new babies or people who are pregnant.
Free contactless monthly delivery only available within 5km of a United Chemists store. Additional charges may apply outside these areas or for additional deliveries.
Have your medications and any additional products, delivered free by contactless delivery to your home, 1 free delivery per month. Conditions apply, for further information please contact your nearest United Chemists